Below is some very important information concerning the first week of school. Please read this memo in its entirety…..
- Returning Student Orientation – Thursday, August 9th, 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- New Student Orientation – Friday, August 10th, 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Please enter the building through the school auditorium (at the back of the building). There will be a sign in sheet and information tables to sign in and to receive important information. After signing in, you will have the opportunity to go into the classroom and to meet your child’s teacher.
- The first day of school is Tuesday, August 14, 2018. Students will be allowed to come into the building at 7:35 a.m. on the first day only. Normal school hours are 7:45 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- For safety reasons, no parents/guardians/visitors will be allowed to go into the classrooms on the first day of school. PreK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade parents will be allowed to go on the PreK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade halls Tuesday, August 14th and Wednesday, August 15th only. Parents who are unable to attend orientation will have the opportunity to meet with their child’s teacher at later date (TBA).
- All students must be in full uniform on the first day of school. Uniform shirts are available in the office. No shirts will be sold on the first day of school. If your child is not in uniform, you will be called to bring a change of clothes to the correct uniform or to pick your child up.
- Please remember to provide a healthy and nutritious lunch for your child. There are no refrigerators available for storage and no microwaves available to heat lunches. We strongly discourage excessive sweets and sodas. No metal utensils; send plastic utensils only. You will be contacted if your child does not have a lunch. Alpha Academy and/or its employees will not provide a lunch for the student.
- At this time, transportation is only being provided for returning students who rode the bus last school year. For those students who are interested in riding the bus this school year, parents will be notified once spacing is available on the buses.
If your contact information has changed or you are no longer interested in attending Alpha Academy for 2018-19 school year, please notify the office immediately, (910) 223-7711.
**Please note: To all returning students, if you did not return the Letter of Intent in January 2018 and are planning to attend Alpha Academy for the 2018-19 school year, please contact the school office immediately to discuss your admission for the upcoming school year.**