Greetings Parents and Guardians,
We hope your family is experiencing a productive and positive year! Here are a few announcements to keep you informed of important events and updates.
We have just released our 2021-2022 Black History presentation entitled, The Rhythm of My Soul, An Alpha Renz Production. The students and staff had a blast! You can view it on the Alpha Renz YouTube channel and experience a cultural explosion of history, spoken word, dance, music, and an old-fashioned good time as many of our staff and students brought the music, the message, and the movement to life!
Alpha Academy has launched its new reading initiative called The AIR Movement. AIR stands for “Alpha Inspirational Reading.” This movement includes the participation and support of our staff, community leaders, students and our devoted parents. This exciting program will include:
- Family Book Clubs
- Celebrity and community virtual AIR Readers
- School-wide read-ins (Dear Alpha…Just Read)
- Reading contests and gifts for readers
- Library access cards for every student and,
- An AIR Movement Show
Drum roll, please! We officially have a partnership with the Cumberland County Public Library System and here are a few of the many benefits:
- Students can electronically check out up to 10 print and/or audiobooks.
- Students will be able to place holds and borrow items.
- This access card number can be used in the physical library location, also.
- However, if parents do not want their children to receive a student access number, please fill out the attached form. (Student Access Parent Opt-Out). This must be completed and returned to your child’s homeroom teacher by Wednesday, March 9th.
Congratulations, Honor Roll students! They were recently congratulated assemblies and will be recognized website’s Recognition’s Page. In addition, Certificates of Achievement will also be sent home. Thank you, parents, for helping your children achieve this level of excellence.
Medical Update – Be on the lookout for signs and symptoms of a GI bug. The symptoms are abdominal pain, watery diarrhea and nausea or vomiting. It is advised that your child stay home if sick to rest and hydrate. Great options for hydration include Pedialyte, Gatorade or Powerade. If symptoms persist or become severe, however, seek immediate medical attention. Any students with the above symptoms will be sent home. Please contact Ms. Andrews, our school nurse, if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, March 11th – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS This is a Staff Workday for all of Alpha Academy’s staff members.
IMPORTANT PARENT WORKSHOP – Saturday, March 19th @ 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Please save the date for this very informative workshop. Forthcoming is more information about the workshop.)
We look forward to your continued support, parents, as we soar to greater heights! If there are any questions, please contact our administration.