Alpha Academy Inc. is committed to providing a safe and secure online environment for all students. The purpose of this policy is to regulate access to inappropriate material on the Internet, protect the safety and security of minors while using electronic communications, prevent unauthorized access and disclosure of personal information, and restrict minors’ access to materials that are harmful to them.
Access to Inappropriate Material
All minors are prohibited from accessing any material that is deemed inappropriate, including but not limited to sexually explicit content, violent content, and hate speech. Alpha Academy Inc. employs web filtering software to block access to such content, and all students must use school-issued devices and network resources for Internet access. The IT department is responsible for regularly updating and maintaining the web filtering software to ensure that it is effective in blocking inappropriate material.
The Safety and Security of Minors
Alpha Academy Inc. is committed to ensuring the safety and security of minors when using electronic communications. To achieve this, the following guidelines must be followed:
- All electronic communications between minors and school personnel, including email and chat rooms, must be conducted in a professional and appropriate manner.
- All electronic communications must be conducted using school-issued email accounts and other approved messaging platforms.
- Students are not permitted to disclose personal information about themselves or others online, including their full name, home address, phone number, or any other identifying information.
- Students must immediately report any suspicious or inappropriate behavior online to a teacher, counselor, or school administrator.
- Alpha Academy Inc. reserves the right to monitor all electronic communications to ensure that they are safe and secure for minors.
Unauthorized Access and Disclosure of Personal Information
Alpha Academy Inc. takes the unauthorized access and disclosure of personal information very seriously. To prevent such incidents from occurring, the following measures must be implemented:
- All minors are prohibited from engaging in unauthorized access, including hacking and other unlawful activities.
- All minors must use strong passwords and keep them confidential.
- Alpha Academy Inc. employs firewalls and other security measures to prevent unauthorized access to the school’s network and personal information.
- Any unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information must be immediately reported to a teacher, counselor, or school administrator.
Measures Designed to Restrict Minors’ Access to Materials Harmful to Them
Alpha Academy Inc. recognizes that minors may be exposed to materials online that are harmful to them. To prevent this from happening, the following measures must be taken:
- Alpha Academy Inc. employs web filtering software to restrict minors’ access to materials that are deemed harmful, including but not limited to sexually explicit content, violent content, and hate speech.
- Students are not allowed to disable or bypass the web filter, and any attempt to do so will result in disciplinary action.
- Teachers and school administrators must provide age-appropriate guidance and education to minors on Internet safety and responsible online behavior.
- Parents or guardians are encouraged to monitor their child’s online activities and report any incidents of inappropriate behavior to the school.
By following this Internet safety policy, Alpha Academy Inc. can ensure that all students are protected from inappropriate material, cyberbullying, and other forms of online harm. The school will regularly review and update this policy to ensure that it remains effective in meeting the needs of its students.